Improve Structure & Space
Unexpanded microspheres can be applied as foaming agent. When heated, the microsphere polymer shell softens and the inner seal of the hydrocarbon vaporizes, allowing for a controlled foaming process. Foaming will result in a smooth and uniform closed cell structure.
The above-mentioned improvement on structure brought by microspheres endows many materials with excellent properties.
1 Ultralight clay
The application of microspheres as a swelling agent not only effectively increases the volume of the clay, but also reduces the density cost while improves its plasticity, elasticity and storage stability.
Ultra-light clay added microspheres has the following advantages:
- Volumeincreased while density reduced to save costs
- Easy formation, goodelasticityand plasticity.
- Non-sticky, easy to squeeze, delicate touch
- Not easy to shrink after drying, good storage stability and long service life.
- Good color rendering with bright colors
- Reduced oil amount in the mixing process, increased softnessand tensile strength.
- Shortened kneading and mixing time and improved production efficiency
If microspheres are used in emulsion explosives, the density could be adjusted and sensitivity in initiaticxi could be improved.
In addition, it has the following characteristics:
- Microspheres can participate in the chemical reaction of explosives during explosion. As an organic substance, it acts as a reductant in detonation;
- Good stability during long-term storage. The emulsion explosive produced by the resin and the microsphere has good storage stability under various climatic conditions, which greatly lengthens the storage period of the explosive;
- Increased compressive strength of explosives.
The expanded microspheres produce voids prior to the solidification of cement, which improves the frost resistance and durability of cement.
In addition, the expanded microspheres means larger volume, which makes bulky cement material lighter and saves cement consumption so as to cut economic costs. Besides, under the same frost resistance conditions, the cement to which the microspheres are added has a higher compressive strength.
4Water absorbent resin
As a foaming agent, microsphere can bring water-absorbent resin with a microporous structure, which significantly increase the absorption rate of the absorber. By controlling the porosity of the water-absorbent resin, the cellulose content can be lowered and the superabsorbent resin content can be increased to obtain a thinner absorbent core.
The absorbent core containing microspheres adds softness and comfort (in the drying stage). At the same time, more efficient fluid management during acquisition, fixation, and absorption as described above would be possible for absorber. It is especially suitable for complex body fluids such as menses or blood, which makes it possible to make lighter and more comfortable diapers or sanitary napkins.
If foamed microspheres are stirred into the ceramic material, the closed-cell hollow sphere structure of the microsphere will form uniform pores inside the ceramic. During the high-temperature sintering process, the outer shell of the microsphere is thermally insulated to form interpenetrating micropores.
Microspheres used as cellulite can produce a porous ceramic with uniform and controlled pore size, which greatly improves the yield of the product.
Porous ceramics added microspheres have the following advantages:
- High proportion of pore volume.
- Effectively reduce the cracking and deformation during the sintering process;
- Effectively control the porosity and pore structure of porous ceramics.
- Obviously reduce the density of porous ceramics.